Saturday, September 5, 2009

Knee injury

Something terrible happened thursday evening. My kneecap slipped out of its joint. I was on my way out of the bathroom, and it just happened. I've never felt so much pain in my life. I thought I were going to die, and I hoped I was going to die, because it hurt so bad. I felt that something in my knee was out of place, so I got extremely scared. My mom straightened out my leg, and them my kneecap popped back in place.
So yesterday I spend 4 hours at the emergency department. They took some x-rays, and a (very hot) doctor bended my knee and examined it, and asked me a lot of questiones. And then another (even hotter) doctor examined me some more. I have to use forearm crutches for at lest 9 days now, and I will have to train my knee with physiotherapy for weeks. And I have to use a knee orthosis to hold my kneecap in place for 6-8 weeks or something. FUCK. My mom has to make food for me (because I can't carry anything) so I have to eat. And I have to eat because I can't take painkillers on an empty stomach. I don't get any exercise either. Aw, I'm going to put on weight :( I will at least get more muscles in my arms, from using the crutches . I'm going to take a MRI on wednesday, to see if the cartilage is damaged.
I can happen to me again, and if it does, I may need surgery.

7 comments:

  1. Omg owch! That sounds so awful! And popping back in place... EWWW! I hope it gets better soon. Try to eat as little as possible, maybe tell her your knee hurts too bad to eat...? I dunno. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh that sounds horrible! But just think of it this way, if you gain, you can always lose the weight. But if you excercise to try to lose, you could very well damage your knee permanently. And try to feel out how much you actually need to eat with the pills, you might not need as much as you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad, I know what you're going through. I snapped the tendons on the back of my knee and ended up having surgery. I couldn't walk for 6 weeks. My mom had to give me a bath and everything (I was 15!) Its what started my eating ED; I gained a lot of weight and hated myself. I hope you can take your pills on less food and please be careful with your knee! I hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry :( I was in a horrific car accident in January. MY knee had a deep cut, but the doctors didn't tell me shit about how to take care of it, so I made it worse by trying to workout too much too soon. So my advice to you is, do as they say! Its better to fully heal than gain 20 fucking pounds like I did :( And I doubt you'll gain that much. I binged for months. I hope you don't have to get surgery :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. that's such a bummer. i'm so sorry :( just try not to eat a whole lot and have your mom make you low cal foods :) i bet you won't put on too much weight

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that sucks! i tore all the ligaments in my knee about two years ago skiing, and actually lost 5 pounds! so if you do need surgery, you might end up losing! for me, it was a combo of eating small meals, NO snacks, which was easy bc i didn't want to ask someone to get stuff for me anyways, and you lose muscle in both your legs, bc even though one leg is still good, you don't feel like walking around much bc you are in a leg brace. i think my legs lost a few inches of muscle, which i loved. my thigh gap was soooo big and gorgeous! so these is a (small) bright side!

    ReplyDelete